- 1.5 oz. 8th Wonder Yerba Mate Cayenne Tea
- 2.0 oz. Malfy Gin con Limone
- 0.5 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Ripe pear, peeled and sliced
- 1 Quail egg white (chicken egg white can be used in a pinch)
- Put the sliced pear in a mixing tin and smash it into the bottom for twenty seconds using a muddler or blunt utensil.
- Separate the quail egg white from the yolk, then add it to the tin. Be sure to save half of your quail egg shell, you will be using this for your garnish!
- Measure the rest of your liquid ingredients into the tin.
- Close and shake the tin well, for at least 30 seconds. This will emulsify the egg white, building a frothy head.
- Add a few pieces of ice and shake for another 10 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe, then gently place the half quail eggshell upside down on the drink so that a small air pocket forms between the foam head and the concave part of the shell. Enjoy!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device